Tuesday 26 May 2009

They Upheld Prop 8

I'm so depressed I can't even analyse this. Apparently the same sex couples who already got married before the original bill get to stay married. So... gay marriage is OK. But you can't do it anymore because it upsets the Christians. Way to separate church and state. Marriage is a Christian thing now? Watch out Atheists. Your marriage rights could be next.
On a personal note, I know I don't live in California, but as the half of an anglo-american couple it's still another kick in the teeth for our chances of marrying in both our countries. For me to have any rights as an American spouse it'd need to go federal. Yeah, right.

1 comment:

  1. I know I know!! This is the third blog I've posted about on this topic...it's just FUCKING SICK. Change will happen - it's just long, long, long overdue.

    ReplyDelete